How to Export Agro-Based Products from India? APEDA Registration Process
- Published On: 29/05/2021 12:00 am
What is APEDA?
The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is a government agency that was established in 1985 by an act to promote and expand scheduled commodity exports. Agriculture accounted for 13% of total exports and 6% of total industrial activity in India. The Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority, or APEDA, was formed under the Ministry of Commerce & Industries, Government of India, to increase these numbers and make India’s agriculture produce one of the best in the world. These scheduled goods are included in the above Act, and exporters of these products are expected to register with the APEDA. The APEDA ACT defines such goods as scheduled products, and exporters of those scheduled products are required to register under APEDA.
What are the objectives of APEDA?
- APEDA encourages the production of scheduled goods and the sale of both agricultural and refined foods from India to other countries.
- Enhancing the global marketing scene for scheduled products.
- The packaging of scheduled goods is being improved.
- Promotion of planned commodity demand and growth in terms of export.
- The aim of online APEDA Registration is to help encourage and promote the export of scheduled agricultural products while also allowing the APEDA body to perform a variety of functions under central government regulation.
Documents Required for APEDA Registration
The following are some of the required documents for APEDA registration:
- Company pan card
- APEDA Registration Application Form that has been completed and signed
- The Directorate General of Foreign Trade has issued a copy of the Import-Export Code.
- A bank certificate signed by the authorized authority person.
- Account statement for the firm’s bank account for the previous two months.
- Cancelled Cheque
What are all the products that come under APEDA?
The following is a list of items that are eligible to APEDA’s inquiry:
- Fruits, vegetables, and the products.
- Meat and Meat Products.
- Poultry and Poultry Products.
- Dairy Products are a type of dairy product.
- Confectionery, biscuits, and bakery products.
- Honey, jaggery, and sugar products.
- Cocoa and its products, as well as various chocolates.
- Beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic
- Cereals and Cereal Products.
- Pickles, papads, and chutneys.
- Plants that are used for herbal and medicinal purposes.
Why is APEDA registration required?
Because of the APEDA Act, registration is required.
- This is a one time registration.
- Exporters of scheduled goods are required to export.
- Only after registration will you apply for the APEDA financial assistance scheme.
- It enables registered students to take part in educational programmes for planned items in different fields of the business.
What are the export promotion programs provided by APEDA?
For the advancement of the sale of scheduled agri-products, there are three types of welfare schemes. The following are some examples:
- Schemes of Financial Assistance
- The Food Processing Fund (FPF) is a scheme run by NABARD.
- MoFPI’s Mega Food Park Scheme
When is it possible to cancel a registration?
The authority has the authority to terminate the registration if these are the follows
- False evidence is being given.
- The registering authority has broken the rules.
- Violate the registration certificate’s terms and conditions.
- For a period of 12 months, the planned product was not exported.
APEDA Registration Process:
- Login to the APEDA Website and click on “Register as Member” tab.
- Enter the given details like IEC code, Mobile number. Email id and then submit.
- Kindly mention the password which is sent to your Email id and mobile number and then submit.
- And also fill the basic details in the online application and upload the required documents.Documents have to be uploaded in PDF or JPEG format.
- Make the payment Rs 5000/-can be made through any mode of payment.After the payment is made the application number will be generated which is used for future purpose.
- The APEDA Officials must approve the RCMC as the final step. The Certificate can be downloaded using the APEDA portal under the View RCMC Certificate tab under the RCMC Menu until the certification has been approved.
What is the time taken to get APEDA?
After submitting the whole process takes at least 5 to 10 days from the date of submission.
What is the validity of the APEDA certificate?
APEDA certificate is valid upto 5 years. So then you can renew the APEDA certificate and you can proceed with your business.
How can we help you?
At Taxxinn, consultants specialized in foreign trade licences will save you valuable time and apply for the necessary licences. We supported over 1,00,000 satisfied customers and have the best legal expertise to help you in the country. Starting from company registration, FSSAI registration to any legal requirements service. Our expert teams are always ready to help you at any stage of the process. Contact us right away to get started.