Any Director, Designated Partner, or Professional wishing to apply to the MCA website must first register with the DSC. Acquiring and registering DSC on the MCA Portal allows independent verification of the user’s true identity by the MCA, ensuring the prevention of unauthorised access.
The Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) of authorised individuals must accompany the digital filing of business documents and records. Indian enterprises can digitally submit applications for company registration on the MCA platform. To do so, all company e-forms, returns, and documents submitted through the MCA website must bear the digital signature of authorised individuals, which may include company proprietors, directors, managers, or Chartered Accountants (CAs). These authorised individuals must associate or register their DSC on the MCA portal for e-filing.
Failure to register DSC on the MCA portal will result in any digitally signed eForm submitted on behalf of a company, whether by a director, manager, secretary, or practising professional, being rejected on the MCA portal after the significance review. This consideration is crucial, as the application will not recognise the roles associated with the digital signatures affixed to the form.
Who Should Register DSC on MCA?
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) website allows anyone required to submit company-related documents online to register a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) through their online portal. Several individuals and professionals can submit an online DSC registration application on the MCA portal, including:
- Company Managers
- Company Directors
- Chartered Accountants
- Authorised Representatives of Companies
- Practising Professionals such as ICWAI, ICSI, ICAI
- Officers of Iepe Nodal Staff
- Deputy Nodal Officers of IEPE
Procedure to Register DSC on MCA
MCA – DSC Registration for Director
- Log in to the MCA website.
- Select ‘Associate DSC’ from the list of options after clicking on ‘MCA Services.’
- Choose the ‘Director’ role from the available list of professions.
- Enter your name, birth date, and any additional information required from the DIN application, along with the DIN/DPIN. Then, click “Next.”
- To upload the DSC, provide your email address, and password, and select the file you wish to upload.
- To complete the registration process, click “Submit.”
MCA – DSC Registration for Manager, Secretary, Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Financial Officer
- Log in to the MCA website. Click on “MCA Services” and choose “Associate DSC” from the list of options.
- From the wide range of professions available, select the position you wish to hold.
- Provide your PAN and any additional information required on the DIN-3 form, including your name and birthdate. Then, click “Next.”
- Choose the digital signature you want to upload, enter your password, and provide your email address. To complete the registration process, click “Submit.”
DSC Registration for Practising Professionals
- Go to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) website and click ‘MCA Services’.
- Under ‘DSC Services’, select ‘Associate DSC’.
- Choose ‘Practising Professional’ as your profession from the dropdown.
- Provide details like your professional institution, enrolment date, membership count, certificate of practising number, and membership category on the next page. Click ‘Next’.
- Enter your PAN details.
- Click ‘Select Certificate’ to pick a certificate. Download the MCA E-Signer software from the displayed website to upload your DSC.
- Tick the ‘Declaration’ box and click ‘Submit’.
- On the next page, choose your digital signature and enter the DSC password.
- Finally, click ‘Submit’. You’ll receive an acknowledgement message when your DSC and MCA connection is successful.
DSC Registration for Nodal Officers- IEPF
- Access the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) webpage.
- Choose the ‘MCA Services’ option on the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) website portal.
- Select the ‘Associate DSC’ option underneath the ‘Digital Signature Certificate Services’ menu.
- Next, select “Nodal Officer-IEPF” as your position from the list of choices.
- Ensure your income tax PAN is correctly filled in on the webpage.
- Click the ‘Next’ button and provide the necessary particulars, including your name, birthdate, and father’s name. The system will verify this information using the records provided by the IEPF authorities.
- After providing your email address, select the option titled “Select Certificate.” To upload the DSC, install and download the MCA E-Signer from the URL indicated on the screen.
- Tick the “Declaration” box and click the “Submit” button.
- When prompted, choose a digital signature and enter your DSC password. You will then be directed to a new page.
- Finally, click the “Submit” button. An acknowledgement email will confirm the successful linkage of your DSC with MCA.
For Authorised Representatives
- Visit the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) website.
- Select ‘DSC Services’ and choose ‘Associate DSC.’
- Pick ‘Nodal Officer-IEPF’ as your position.
- Enter your income tax PAN.
- Provide personal details like name, birthdate, and father’s name.
- Enter your email and click ‘Select Certificate’ to download MCA E-Signer.
- Confirm by checking the ‘Declaration’ box and clicking ‘Submit.’
- Choose a digital signature and input your DSC password.
- Click ‘Submit’ to associate your DSC with the MCA.
Advantages of DSC Registration on MCA
Registering a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) with MCA offers several benefits to users:
- Time and Cost Savings: Users no longer need to manually verify documents before sharing them with other parties. DSC enables digital signatures on documents, including e-forms, emails, and legal contracts, reducing both time and cost.
- Data Integrity: Digital signatures with DSC ensure the integrity of documents. Those who receive digitally signed documents can trust that they have not been tampered with or altered after signing. Government bodies and agencies often require DSC from Indian businesses to verify and certify commercial transactions.
- Document Authenticity: Choosing electronically verified documents instils confidence in their authenticity. DSC serves as a method used by Indian businesses to confirm document credibility. Consequently, all parties involved in the transaction can proceed with organised actions based on the initially established agreement.
Permitted individuals, such as company owners, directors, managers, or the firm’s CA, must actively incorporate their digital signatures into all business e-forms, returns, and documents available on the MCA portal. Hence, the imperative need arises to register a valid and authorised digital signature certificate issued by the MCA. Through Taxxinn, you can conveniently access our services to register DSC on MCA.