The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) is the department within the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Government of India that is accountable for overseeing the activities of Indian firms doing business within the country’s borders or in international markets.
An Import Export Code is necessary for commercial organisations engaged in import and export activities. It is a specialised 10-digit code used to identify a certain firm employee or identity in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) registrar.
If they want to apply for an Import Export Code, the corporate organisations are urged to use a Digital Signature Certificate, or DSC, instead of physically signing thousands of documents. The whole process is actually made quicker, safer, and more ecologically friendly by using a DSC. This blog aims to provide an answer to the question of how to register DSC on DGFT.
Digital Signature Certificate
The DSC, or digital signature certificate, is only a secure token that adopts the appearance of a USB drive. It is mainly used for digitally signing papers and applications on the DGFT and other e-platforms. Class 3 DSC tokens are accepted by the DGFT. The DSC token is available from all authorised agencies.
Import Export Code ( IEC )
IE codes are special 10-digit codes issued by the Director-General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), also known as import-export codes. All export and import businesses need the Importer-Exporter Code (IEC), an essential corporate identifying number.
Every person who wants to start their import or export business in India needs to obtain an IE code. There is no limitation to its validity.
Digital Signature Certificate That Works on the Dgft Platform
A basic description of the various kinds of DSC tokens that can be utilised on the official DGFT portal is listed below
- Individual-Based DSC Token
The PAN provided in the Import Export Code and the PAN provided in the DSC must match.
- Organization-Based DSC Token
The IEC business name must match the Organisation Name on the digital signature certificate.
- IEC-Based DSC Token
The applicant’s information listed on the server must match the IEC number encoded in the Digital Signature Certificate token. The DSC for IEC registration has become necessary.
Documents Required For DGFT DSC
Documents required for registering DSC in the DGFT portal
- Identity Proof (Aadhar, PAN)
- Address Proof (Electricity Bill, Water Bill,.)
- Signed application form
DGFT DSC Registration Process
- Install the Token driver application and then insert the USB token into the computer.
- Visit the DGFT website, download the Embridge utility tool, and run it.
- Open the embridge application after that.
- Log in to the DGFT portal.
- Click “My Dashboard” in the menu.
- Following that, select View and Register Digital Signature Token.
- Next, select the Register Digital Signature.
- Finally, choose Provider List and Certificate List before entering your USB password.
- Next, select the Register option.
- This means that the DGFT portal has successfully registered Your digital signature, thus completing the last step.
Criteria for Using a Digital Signature on the DGFT Platform
- The DSC is required to be active, which means it must be operational during the registration procedure.
- Confirm that your computer has the digital signature application installed in order that it is able to read the token.
- A utility application that assists you in acquiring the DSC should be downloaded to your computer.
Benefits of DGFT Digital Signature Certificate
- If you have DGFT Digital Signature, you may instantly digitally sign your online licence application.
- For Import or Export Business, the DGFT has developed the digital signature certificate required in order to properly understand and validate the trustworthiness of the documents.
The DGFT platform will speed up the registration or upgrading procedure through the use of Digital Signature Certificates. Additionally, by minimising human participation in the process, it also improves authenticity.
If you are the proprietor of an export or import company looking for a digital signature certificate from an approved Certifying Authority, Taxxinn.com is the perfect match for you. We help you register DSC on DGFT and get your DGFT digital signature without any hurdles.